Thursday, January 30, 2014

I Love Antigua!

Hey, I think I sorted out my blog problem (accept I'm not exactly sure what I did to make it work this time).  Anyway, I will go to an Internet cafe tomorrow and try to post a photo too.  I really love this beautiful old town where I am going to school.  I even love going to school again but it is not easy for me. I keep forgetting the Spanish words!  Today I learned Spanish in the morning and in the afternoon my teacher showed the students how to cook a special tortilla filled with salsa and wrapped inside a corn husk.  I had one for lunch and for dinner I went to the market and bought an orange and big piece of watermelon for 50 cents, an avocado fot 14 cents and a strawberry milkshake (strawberries and milk) for 75 cents.  There is a lot of fruit for sale in Guatemala!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. Rowe,
    How is your trip? We really miss you! Are you meeting new people? Are you staying with a family or in a hotel? Are you ready for making stoves tomorrow?

    We are celebrating Chinese new year today. Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

    From your class at Erin Public School

    ReplyDelete