Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ms. Rowe in Antigua


Hola 2/3A!  Thanks you for writing to me! This photo is the baby at my hostel.  His name is Adolphito (that means "little Adolpho").  The lady holding him is his abulla. I think some of you know that word from watching 'Dora the Explorer'.  'Abulla' is Spanish for 'grandmother'. from Ms Rowe


Hola!  I love this firetruck, don't you?


This is my teacher, Maria Josepha. I learned some Spanish here in this garden. It would not be fun sitting outside in Erin right now, would it?!  I think it is very hard to remember the Spanish words so I must keep practising. I will look in my dictionary every day and learn one new word.


This is a school in a village nearby. I took a 'camioneta' to get there. That is what the people here call their buses that are painted lots of different colours. The children in the photo are doing PE. Adios for now. I have asked Mr. Primeau to post these photos because it is not working very well for me.  Senor Primeau es el bueno amigo!  from Ms Rowe



1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. Rowe,
    Sorry we haven't written in so long. (Mrs. Reilly just stopped into the library and says "hello!") We really really really miss you!

    We have been doing really hard work. How is your day going? We are looking forward to you coming back.

    We learned about Valentine's Day today and found out that in Guatemala Valentine's Day is called the Day of Love and Friendship. So Happy Day of Love and Friendship.

    Adios Mrs Rowe!
    From,
    Grade 2/3 Class

    ReplyDelete